Friday, August 30, 2013

Slight changes

29 August 2013
A slight change, but noteworthy. I have moved the center peninsula about a foot to the left in order to get more room in the vital area of the layout at the HBS yard. I should end up with ample aisle width in that area to make operators more comfortable. This also reflects the removal of the full-blown Erie yard and RO-RO in favor of just the interchange tracks and more comfortable HBS Yard. This was inspired by Lance Mindheim's observations of operating at Holt's and Barrow's layouts earlier this month.

I will probably reduce the size of the Holland America docks as well, but I'm not worrying about that aisle for a while.That is where the guest bed will be placed as well (may end up being a blow-up king size mattress.)

If you navigate to the Layout Plan page, it is fun to flip through the plans like a flip book which will "animate" the evolution of the plan, especially the last two to see the subtle changes.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I'm really impressed with this layout plan. It looks like it is going to be a joy to operate!

    ReplyDelete